April 24th 2012
Letter: Beachfront blowers
It is my duty and obligation to object most strongly to the inappropriate use of BLOWERS in the Park and on the Road at the Horseshoe Bay beachfront every morning which is causing clouds of toxic DUST to blow through the park, children's playground , bar-b-que area restaurants, beachfront holiday units, and the residential community.
Horseshoe Bay has had a fiberglass boat burn to the waterline in the creek behind the restaurants and extensive fiberglass grinding in years past which has contaminated the surrounding area with toxic fiberglass dust which when ingested through the lungs can cause mesathelioma and lung cancer and if ingested orally can cause bowel cancer.
The noisy blowers are an agressive DUST MENACE and HEALTH HAZARD which destroys the clean , natural ambience ...besmirching our early morning time of peace and tranquility..
In the interest of respect for the health and wellbeing of Tourists , Locals , Patrons of Restaurants and Shops and Residents this unhealthy , invasive and dirty practice of blowing dust into the community has to stop.
Please employ clean , intelligent Alternatives such as turning on the park sprinklers to lay dust before RAKING and using VACUME MACHINES which collect and contain dust/leaves to be disposed of properly not just irresponsibly spreading it around with blowers.
This would be the sign of a sensitive , pro-active Council in the second decade of the 21st Century.
I encourage your readers who are appalled by this invasive and unhygenic malpractice to write/Email Council (firstname.lastname@example.org) Asap to state there objection.
To add your comment,
or read those of others, see below